We are going to start a new knit-a-long starting April 1st. You don’t have to choose just one, do both if you like.
From the designer – “The name for this shawl came from a combination of factors. Firstly the two yarns used for the original shawl (large one pictured above) were dyed on opposite sides of the Atlantic … the yarn in the main body is the Stellar Banshee colour by Voolenvine Yarns based in the USA and the edge lace is the Pale Cream colour by The Wool Barn based in the UK. Secondly, I knit most of this shawl on my two flights going to and from the USA on a recent trip, so it was knit literally as I was crossing the pond!”
– Mina Philipp
Get the pattern for $5 at the shop when you get your other supplies!
- Small : 70″ on the longest edge & 11″ deep.
- Large: 86″ on the longest edge & 16″ deep.
Please note finished size will vary greatly depending on gauge and how extensively the shawl is blocked.
• Yarn: Fingering weight (Shop here)
- Small Size – 100g – 440yards for a single skein shawl. The sample was knit with a contrast color edging for this size.
- Large Size – 200g total yarn needed-100g – 440yards for the main body and 100g – 440yards for the lace edging.
• Needles – 40″ US 5/3.75mm (shop here)
• Notions – Stitch Markers if you wish to mark out the lace repeats.
Approx 20-22 sts/ 4 inches after blocking (although gauge is really not too important with this shawl as long as you like the fabric you are getting)